Tattoos from your mind to your skin
Unique tattoos designed by trained artists
We love tattooing and expanding our skills of design and execution. We offer professional service with attention to detail in a private setting.
Factor Studio Tattoo is home to two artists that love the challenge of creating designs with inspiration. We strive to better ourselves and our service to you.
We want to be a factor in making your tattoo idea reality, by expressing what’s in your mind, on your skin. If you want something a little different we have good equipment and creative backgrounds, we try to make every design original and unique.
Give a picture, a sketch, or even a single word of what you want, we can create something for you. Contact us, one of us will email or text you with the next steps. If you like what you hear we’ll go from there.
“I’ve gotten both my tattoos from Mark and they are both perfectly done. His attention to detail is great and he’s super easy going and makes the whole process super easy.…”Taylor W.
“…Coritha provided multiple options and helped me find the perfect design and placement. She did an amazing job, with a gentle and steady hand, and I was extremely comfortable.…”Susan H.
Client feedback is always appreciated! You may have noticed, we’re really about quality, comfort, and attention to your ideas. We try our best to exceed expectations.
- Modern & Professional
- Send us design files if you’re creative
- No double-booking or missed appointments
- Multiple payment methods (touchless/chip, venmo/cashapp, cash, crypto)
- Virginia licensed artists
- Unique & Detailed
- We draw, and create with vector and 3d applications
- We can work from a photo, sketch, or handwriting
- Precise measurements for a perfect fit
How much will it hurt?
No one knows exactly but you. Everyone experiences pain differently, and pain sensitivity varies across the body. What’s more important is your personal tolerance for pain.
Most clients find tattoos less painful than they thought. Many liken the sensation to a cat scratch. Uncomfortable, but bearable. A few even like the sensation. Regardless, we will take our time to work within your threshold.
What is the process?
- Contact us with an idea using our contact form, or book a consultation slot from Google Maps
- We discuss your idea with you, and estimate the price
- You make a deposit once we’ve confirmed a date
- We meet on the scheduled day(s) and perform the tattoo session(s)
Can I see the design to make sure I like it?
Yes! Please ask your artist to schedule a review before your appointment
What are your hours?
Officially 12-8pm, but you can schedule outside of those hours if you are flexible with your appointment date, your artist can make it work.
Do you do walk-ins?
We are not always available in the shop. If you don’t have an appointment and find us in the shop, feel free to knock and ask if we’ve got time today.
How much is a tattoo?
We price per design generally in the range of $120-$175 per hour. Size, detail, and placement affect the price.
Minimum price is at the discretion of the artist. (Protip: Ask for multiple small tattoos in one sitting.)
Deposits for your appointment go toward the final price, standard is $50 but varies for complex projects
How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Eat a meal and stay hydrated. Bring a water bottle and snacks if you’d like.
- Bring valid identification
- Bring headphones, a book, or a mental list of things you’d like to watch on Netflix, Crunchyroll, Amazon, Disney, HBO, or Paramount, there’s a TV here for you.
- Bring accessible clothes that you wouldn’t mind getting ink on.
Can I bring my Friends?
Bring one friend, a good one that will take pictures for you, put on something for you to watch, or hold your hand. Additional friends will have to wait outside the studio.
Can I get a tattoo if I’m under 18?
Yes, for 16 and older. Your parent/guardian must bring matching identification and be present for the tattoo session.